Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Code Signing Apple Account Permissions

Hi,

 

I have a question regarding the subjects - "Gatekeeper" and "Code Signing". However,

first I have to explain the circumstances I am in. I have developed an application

remotly controlling a camera via USB for a larger company which will distribute the

software along with the camera (no apple store). Since the gatekeeper the client is

asking me to digitally sign the code so that the gatekeeper will stop poping out.

 

The problem is that they want to use their own apple account and they are asking

what permissions it (the account) should have in

order for me (extern firm) to code sign the application. I have read for example that

the account has to be enrolled for the Mac Developer Program, but there is A LOT

information on the subject, I seem to struggle with putting the actions together that

they should take in order to generate such an account (due to the numerous options

and use cases).

 

Hence the question, does anybody know what kind of account should they set up

for me in order to code sign the app and not having too many permissions (i guess that

is the main point)?

 

I have a developer account and the codesiging itself is not a problem, that I have to

do it with an account specifically prepared for that and the explanation (step-by-step)

how such an account should be set up is what I can't put together.

 

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

 

Regards,

artOf...


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment