Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Re: iOS app for recording iPhone/iPad screen as a video.

OMG, Good people....

     I was just adding some more expandable memory to my iPhone when I happened by and heard you guys still

talking about how this can't be done, had, be found, never happened, etc...

 

    Just find an original version "app file" of good old  "Display Recorder".. perhaps still lurking in your mobile apps folder. While syncing your device, right click on it and it will open and install. Works perfectly on both my iPhone 5 & iPad 3. I've recently used it to make and post a video on YouTube showcasing my favorite app. Check it out under YouTube user spaceace84..

 

    I would guess that Apple didn't like the app because you can record crystal clear no time limit videos directly off your screen of payed movies, videos, TV shows and share (give them away) hurting iTunes sales. This is understandable. Billions of bucks as they make, what they charge for premium quality Movies and Music is an outstanding value with tons of options and service second to none.. Honestly I'd be tempted to put the app in an email and send it to everyone who asked if I didn't feel like a crook doing it. Check your iTunes mobile app folder. Make sure it's indexed and search for it using "Display" or "Record" or "DisplayRecorder" it may take awhile depending on where it is and how it is tagged. When you find it you may want to actually drag and drop it onto your device's screen shown it iTunes. iTunes will whine a bit and you may want to remove the newer version first if you have it. You may get a message saying you cannot do this or "Sorry, Dave, I cannot allow you to do that.." Just do it and finish the sync even if it doesn't look like it installed.

It took me a few tries. iTunes will not clearly recognize and older dated version of an app overwriting a newer one..

but when it's all said and done, finish the sync, turn off your device, unplug it from your computer and restart it.

 

   It's an almost perfect app for doing video capture directly from the device video card/screen... great to do a tutorial or show a friend new to their device how to get around. But there is an awful flaw if you record sound as well. Seems it records sound through the mic for some reason and there's often much fuzz and distortion unless you've got the volume set just right and the phone sitting still in a quiet room. So if your intent is to rip off copies of movies or music, it's a fail.

And it can be set to record 5, 15, 30 minute videos or no limit at all. Be careful or you'll fill up your 128gig iPad in no time with Denise Austin workouts...

 

  Check me out on YouTube. Don't know if I'm allowed to post links but just look for spaceace84 and sift through the weirdness. Feel free to email me at spaceace84@  Gmail. Not posting actual address because I'm not sue if that's allowed but you can figure it out. I'd love to help.

 

Now if everyone will excuse me, I have to get back to putting my real to real tape deck in my iPod shuffle...

 

 

I really hope I was on topic....


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment