Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

How can I reboot my Mac on an SSD Drive??

I basically used a youtube video to install a 480GB SSD Drive into where the CD drive goes. I formatted it, so its working and I now have 2 hard drives on my Mac book Pro, my orginal 150GB HD and my new 480GB SSD.

 

I have the time machine backed up on an additional external hard drive. So what Im trying to do is move everything on my HD drive to my new SSD drive.

 

I have started my laptop with command + R to go into reboot mode, I have selected reboot from time machine and then selected my new SSD drive to reboot it on - the problem is here I get an error message, saying there is a problem please restart your computer and try again.

 

I have tried different time machine back ups with the same results so I know its not that. The only other problem I think it could be is I still have everything installed on my orginal HD drive and the mac wont let me have 2 copies on my computer at the same time??

 

Anybody with experience would be helpful, I don't want to erase my orginal HD incase when I try to reboot I still get the same error message.

 

Thanks


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment