Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

AppleScript, Growl, and permissions.

Hi,

 

I'm using an AppleScript in conjunction with Growl to create a new text file in Dropbox when a tagged notification is displayed, but a permission error is stopping the process. I've got read/write access to the folder, com.Growl.GrowlHelperApp (in Application Scripts) but the error's persisting. Can I alter something to fix this? The error reads:

 

The document “Untitled” could not be exported as “[text file].txt”. You don’t have permission. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

 

I'll be using Hazel to move and eventually trash this file once it's triggered another workflow, so it's not ideal to fix each text file as it's created. I'm new to AppleScript, thanks for any help offered.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment