Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

How to archive mails on an external volume?

Hello!

 

I’m seeking for a way to store/archive mails on an external volume.

 

How do I prompt MAIL with the path leading to my desired storage location?

 

MAIL should display my Archive-Mailboxes as soon as the external volume is mounted/connected. In the left column of the MAIL-UI, it would more or less look like this:

 

2011-01_MAIL-ARCHIVE

2011-02_MAIL-ARCHIVE

2011-03_MAIL-ARCHIVE

2011-04_MAIL-ARCHIVE

 

This would systematically free up storage space on my hard disk each time I archive a new period.

 

Any hints would be much appreciated !


G
( using MAIL 5.3 (1283) on OS 10.7.5 )
( Important: I look for a sleek solution with my current configuration. No trick with further hardware or time-machine workarounds. Thanks! )


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment