Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Converting nsdates to NSStrings and vice-versa

hi, as part of an app I'm writing(my first) I need to constantly convert NSDates to NSStrings and vice-versa. So I thought I would write the 2 functions but include them as methods with the main controller and call them with something like

 

[self convertToDate:stringToConvert]

 

However , I'm experiencing problems and getting warnings all over the place - may be because I'm calling them from within 'proper' methods in the class. The functions themselves are pretty straight forward and I've copied them from forums like this one

 

I realise this is probably not best practice , but how else would I do it? Would I create a separate .h and .m files.

 

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.  I have posted threads about mixing normal functions and methods on this forum and I am grateful for all your feedback , and this relates to this matter , but I'm starting to wonder if my approach is wrong?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment