Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Apple, please allow developers to delete old app IDs

I'll try not to rant, but I would very much like to express in an appropriate forum my immense disappointment with Apple for not allowing developers to remove or at least sequester old app IDs.

 

The posts all over the internet basically say that we're all stuck with as many old useless "work-in-progress" app IDs as we've ever created, and must pour through the ever growing list of them as we continue developing. Or tread the slippery slope of recycling old IDs for development just to keep the list from growing out of control like an untended garden. This is unacceptable.

 

I usually try to be hyper-organized, but this is about as counter-organizational of a setup as I've ever worked with, essentially forcing me to rethink my entire development pipeline. It is further pushing me towards Android development, with iOS becoming secondary. I don't want that. I'd rather have it the other way around but I'm not going to continue doing my initial test developments for iOS if there is no way to manage this.

 

I have been doing "pitch" projects for most of my clients and if the job changes significantly or doesn't materialize, the app dies. So why should I be forever stuck with an app ID that I will never again use?

 

An acceptable fix would be some kind of sequestration for old "dead" app IDs. 

 

I know there is currently no way to do this. What I am asking is basically what is the appropriate way to request it to the proper wing of Apple?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment