Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Applescript: Communicate with other AppleScript

Hi there,

 

Which ways are there, and how do you use them (please give simple examples) to communicate between Applescripts?

Or is that basically impossible, and do you have to use c++ for that?

 

You may list all the possible ways , but the way I need requires certain things.

Imagine AppA is the main app, and when the user clicks a button,

AppA launches another Applescript app or script(preferably app*) called AppB, while giving certain parameters.

 

I'm aware of handlers, but I don't know fully how to use and call them.

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Isaiah

 

*I prefer to call and activate an app, because I want to be able to (let AppA) cancel AppB at any time.

If AppB would be an app, I could just simply use "do shell command "killall AppB"".

But if you know a method to do that for AppB as Applescript, then an Applescript is fine.

(If AppB runs as applescript, is it then an process? Because you can cancel processes in a shell command)


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment