Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How do I get routing data from the Map App (powered by TomTom) so I can display the point-to-point annotations (turn-by-turn navigation) without leaving my own application.

I have a tableView displaying a list of contacts from a Cloud Database.  After selecting a contact, I push to a programmatically created MKMapView.  Then I display the initial region (the view) that includes the users current location (starting point) and their selected destination (end point).

 

Now I want to display annotations (as described in the Location Awareness Programming Guide) that displays polylines which will represent the turn-by-turn navigation IN MY OWN APPLICATION, and not in the Map App currently used in IOS6. 

 

 

Due to licensing and its becoming depricated in IOS 6, I do not want to get routing data from the Google Maps API.  How do I get routing data from the IOS 6 Map App (powered by TomTom) so I can display the point-to-point annotations (turn-by-turn navigation) without leaving my own application?

 

I checked out Stack Overflow and other forums which basically left me with the impression that this is not possible. I also checked out the TomTom iPhone Mobile SDK User Guide from the TomTom Developer Portal and am still confused.  It must be possible to retrieve routes, since the Map App can display turn-by-turn directions.  How can I retrieve turn-by-turn data that I may display as a route within my own application?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment