Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Can't open Quartz Composer on new updated OS 10.8.3


Hello,



After upgrading yesterday from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion OS 10.8.3 on MacMini early 2009, I today downloaded correspondent new XCode app from Apple Store to my Application folder.


Tried to open old Quartz Composer.


No way. Error Message:


//


An exception was raised:
+[QCImageManager registerImageBufferConverterClass:priority:]: "BackdropsImageBufferConverter" is already registered
//



Then I found Ralph Johns's post on archived thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2373658:


"If the timings went Snow Leopard Install then 10.6.2 update the Developers Tools I would try running the COMBO version of the OS Update over what you have.


http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosxv1062updatecomb o.html"


So, I downloaded OSXUpdCombo10.8.3.dmg and installed that update.


Then deleted all items from my Developer folder and downloaded new Quartz Composer app, through xcode46graphicstools6938140a.dmg and tried to open it.


-> Same error message.



What can I do?
Thank you for helping,



Michel


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment