Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Re: Xcode

I don't think I was very clear in my last post. What I'm trying to do is create a tool that read user input from the command line (i.e. Terminal) and open only specified apps depending on user input. If you know a bash command like "read >> theVariable" or something like that, that would also help, but I don't know of the possibility of creating if conditions in a shell script. That is why I decided to create an app for it. So in C++ code it would read user input other the prompt "Do you want to open Mail?" and if the user input equals "y" the app will load the shell script (located in the same folder as the source code) and run it. Inside the shell script would be the bash command "open -a mail". I hope this clarifies for anyone else who reads this.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment