Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Xcode

Hi all,

I just started using Xcode, so these questions will seem very easy and "newbie-ish" to many.

 

Obj-C:

I'm not sure which text field I need to fill in to give a certain NSButton or other object a name so I can access in the actual code (please don't give me the usual "check the documentation" because the reason I'm posting this is to get a straightforward answer that very often only humans can provide). Also, what method do I need to use to listen for "action events" as they are called in Java on an NSButton (i.e. how to I make a method run when the button is clicked on)? If anyone can suggest a good website where I can find tutorials to learn Objective-C that would be very helpful, so I don't need to post everything here.

 

C++:

Xcode gives you the option to make new files in your project, but how do I access them? I'm making a C++ command line tool to allow me to run commands that I always run without creating a login item (because they slow my Mac down). I made a new file as a "shell script" but I don't know how to run this script in the C++ code.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment