Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm having trouble renaming a bundle

Hello everyone,
please understand I am -very- new to this as I'm the only one amoung everyone I know to do this first.

At a (small) class I took we were told the bundle identifiers was uniuqely meant for com.domainName.YourName.

 

Thing is- I put in my bundle identifier "com.techgirl52.myCompanyName", when it should have been "com.techgirl52.productIdentifier." I'm beyond infuriation with myself at this point. Normlly I would have started over, but I already deleted my intended product title priorly "The Event" on a failed attempt last night. Believe me when I tell you, I was on the webite for 2 hours, 1 1/2 spent trying to find out HOW to load a binary (I couldn't find Application Loader, assuming it was online). The other half was filling out cert information, no biggie. Today I found the Application Loader through spotlight search and am trying to rectify my erorr.

 

I finally gave up at 2AM, and realized my mistake for submitting the app. The bundle identifier is off by "com.techgirl52.TheEventIOS", as my form online states "com.techgirl52.myCompanyName".

 

Here's my problem: My first app is a donation to a local church event. It's for their outreach program and I'm at whit's end about this. I deleted the first attempt for "The Event" last night when I thought it crashed and bugged, so I made a new one and called it "The Event Official App". I want this app to be SUPER easy to find and I think I killed that chance in stone.

 

I'm not doing anything to it right now... I'm too nervous to try anything without asking.
Is there a way I can rename my bundle identifier, or reach out to Apple and ask them to allow me to use "The App" as the app title? I'm truly afraid about how to go back at this. I know this is a lesson learned hard.

 

Thank you very much,
Techgirl-52.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment