Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Solution for crash during installation of Xcode

At some point I could not install Xcode from appstore and everytime I tried, it just crashed the whole operating system and rebooted my macbook.

 

Last time I had to install it from dev site avoiding appstore, but finally, I found solution and wanted to share if somebody is having the same problem.

 

The reason was in CleanMyMac helper tool. Although, I used that CleanMyMac long long time ago and deleted from my applications, it still had this helper tool installed and running on my mac (spotted it from system logs). So what I did was - full uninstallation of CleanMyMac, as described here - http://macpaw.com/knowledgebase/cleanmymac/how_to_uninstall_cleanmymac

 

  1. Drag CleanMyMac icon from the Applications folder to Trash.
  2. Drag the CleanMymac folder located in the Application Support folder inside the Library folder in your home user folder to Trash.
  3. Drag the CleanMyMac folder located in the Application Support folder inside the Library folder on your system drive to Trash.
  4. Drag the com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.helperTool.plist, com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.volumeWatcher.plist and com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.trashSizeWatcher.plist files from the LaunchAgents folder located in the Library folder in your home user folder to Trash.
  5. Drag the com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.plist file from the Preferences folder located in the Library folder inside your user home folder to Trash.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment