Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Company Name vs. Seller Name vs. Copyright (app publishing with company account)

Hello,

 

the more I read on this topic (publishing apps on the iTunes Store), the more confused I am...

 

Can somebody please confirm my findings when publishing an app using a company account:

  • Company Name is set once when uploading the first app. Cannot be changed (unless manually by contacting Apple Support). Is the same for all apps published with this developer account. Appears, for example, in the breadcrumb navigation on top for each app.
  • Copyright can be set individually for each app. Thus, can be different for different apps published with one developer account

 

If this is correct, I am left with the following questions concerning the "seller name" that is displayed on the left-hand side when browsing the itunes Store via Web. I have noticed for some accounts  the "Company Name" (e.g, "Deutsche Lufthansa AG") can be different from the Seller Name ("Lufthansa German Airline").

  • Where can I determine which name is displayed here? When I log on to iTunes Connect, where can I find the text that is displayed as "Seller name"?
  • Can I change this name even after publishing my first app? If so, how?
  • Can this string differ for different languages (localization) for one and the same app?

 

Your support is highly appreciated.

 

Regards,

blootplazma


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment