Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

iPhone ignores MDM command request

Hi,

 

I've been developing an MDM server, and I'm able to make an mdm push to my iPhone, and the server is receiving the Status "Idle" message in plist format delivered by the device.

The problem comes after my server replies with a .plist which contains the command to be executed by the device. I tried with the DeviceInformation command. Looking at the console in iPCU, the iPhone shows the message "MDM: Transaction completed. Status: 200".

But the next time the device contacts the server, it has no body, it contains no .plist with the device information I requested. It only appears the 'Content-Type: application/x-apple-aspen-mdm; charset=UTF-8' and that's it.

It's like the device doesn't read, or ignores the command I just sent. Up to the point that I changed the contents of the .plist sent to the device, making the format incorrect; the iPhone wouldn't even launch an exception upon a format error. It keeps saying Transaction Completed. Status: 200.

 

I'm working in c#, using an HttpHandler, where inside the ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) method I have the following code that replies to  the device:

 

                    XDocument resp = XDocument.Load(new StreamReader(".../DeviceInfo.plist"));

                    context.Response.Write(resp);

                    context.Response.ContentType = "application/xml";

 

Is something wrong about the way my server replies? What am I missing? I've been trying to follow the MDM Protocol pdf, but I'm stuck here.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

 

Thanks


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment