Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Encountered a strange error when using hdiutil to create a dmg file in OSX 10.7.5

Hello all,

 

I encountered a very strange issue that when I use hdiutil to create a dmg file in OS 10.7.5. My commands and the result as below.

 

/usr/bin/hdiutil create -ov -fs HFS+  -srcfolder "/dummy/myApp" "myApp.dmg"

......................................................................

diskimages-helper: resize request is above maximum size allowed.

hdiutil: create failed - Invalid argument

 

The total size of myApp is about 200MB, so I don't think it is above maximum size allowed. Another very interesting thing is if I double click the myApp folder to create a temp file .DS_Store in myApp, then re-run the commands and it works. Does anyone know why it is or how to fix it?

 

Thanks,

-xixu

 



View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment