Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Is there a work-around to programmatically set focus on form field in iOS/Safari mobile

I would like to program iPod Touch 5's for use as scan guns, which means I need to be able to programmatically set the focus into a form field on page load. (My users do *not* want to have to touch the screen between scans.)

 

I've got the software working as a web app and styled for Safari mobile and Chrome right now, and I plan to re-write it in Sencha Touch 2. Unfortunately, it looks like Apple very deliberately keeps users from programmatically setting form field focus, and I haven't been able to find any work arounds or side-ways sidles into a solution.

 

Does anyone know a solution for this? Thanks!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment