Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Need some help installing XCode 4.2 for Snow Leopard

I've just purchased an iOS developer account to download Xcode 4.2 for snow leopard,

but I cannot get it to install correctly. I also see the "The installation failed" screen

after choosing my installation location.

 

I've tried most of the solutions I found online, like setting my system clock back a year,

deleting my 3.x.x Xcode installation, making a temporary admin account to install,

but nothing has worked yet.

 

Here are some troublesome lines I pulled out of my install.log file for reference, though

I cannot tell what they might mean. Any advice or help will be appreciated.

 

Jan 10 21:11:15 Doctor-Steven Installer[175]: IFJS: *** exception: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: SDKPresent


Jan 10 21:11:16 Doctor-Steven Installer[175]: IFJS: *** exception: TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'my.target.systemVersion')



Jan 10 21:16:38 Doctor-Steven Installer[122]: Failed to locate package at path /Users/ffffddd/Desktop/Packages/DeveloperTools.pkg (../Packages/DeveloperTools.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/ffffddd/Desktop/Xcode.mpkg/)
Jan 10 21:16:38 Doctor-Steven Installer[122]: Install failed: The Installer can’t locate the data it needs to install the software. Check your install media or Internet connection and try again, or contact the software manufacturer for assistance.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment