Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quartz Composer 4.6 Crash


I installed xcode 4.5.2 today in hopes of getting quartz composer 4.6 running on my macbook pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 duo with 4 GB of ram, unfortunatly the efforts were to no avail. I was previously running QC 3.1.2 before that and it is still running fine.



At first QC 4.6 would not open at all and I was geting the following error seen in the attached image. I followed previous posts that instructed to delete com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor.plist and Cahe.db. This allowed me to start accessing the application but not through selecting the template .qtz that are offered when starting a new file such as the second screen shot. I have to open a composition that I have created previously, this leads me to believe that it is not pointing towards the template .qtz at startup.



When I do open a previously made composition QC runs but will again crash when I try to access the patch library. also if I switch the preferences to start with the patch library open the QC will not make it to the the editor screen.



I was trying to get a crash report but the app seems to not be filing crash reports right now for some reason. I'll try to get it to generate one but maybe this is enough to turn on the lights for someone.








View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment