Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

RadarWeb Bug Report

Since I cannot for the life of me get RadarWeb to work correctly (it tells me "No matching components found", but doesn't suggest any valid components...screenshots others have taken suggest that I should be seeing a drop-down list with component choices in it, but all I get is an empty text-field), I found a bug/flaky behavior in UITableViewCell that I wanted to report (I know this isn't the best place for it, but I've wasted too much time already trying to get RadarWeb to work, and maybe someone here can help):

*Problem Description*
UITableViewCell.imageView incorrectly scales its image attribute, even when the developer has programmatically applied a different scale factor to the image being used. This only happens if the image is scaled using UIImageOrientationUp. If any other orientation is used, then the programmatic scale factor is respected.

Source-code that reproduces the issue is here: UITableViewTest.zip

Workaround
If you store your table-cell images upside-down, and then scale them back into the correct orientation when adding them to your UITableViewCell(s), you can get the image to display correctly and at the desired scale.

Screenshot







Additionally I would like to lodge a formal complaint against RadarWeb:

*Problem Description*
RadarWeb is one of the worst bug reporting tools I have ever used. It has too many fields in too many sections (am I seriously expected to specify a schedule for each bug I submit? How am I supposed to know what sort of schedule is reasonable? How about showing me your current development calendar if you want to me provide a schedule for fixing the bug?). It screws up and loses my bug reports. I hit 'Save' but it doesn't save anything. It tells me "No matching components found" but doesn't give me any indications as to what a valid combination of Component+Version would be. The "Find Component" tool never finds any components. It forgets everything I've done after two hours (what is this, the 1990's?) instead of auto-saving my work and caching it with my user account. I have legitimate bugs to submit, but this useless tool is not letting me.

I propose you replace RadarWeb with an issue tracking system that actually works, like JIRA.

Workaround
Don't bother being responsible about reporting bugs that you find...

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment