Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Xcode for OSX 10.6.8

I'm converting an existing VBasic programme into Objective-C. I bought a second-hand Mac Mini to do this. I also got a book on Objective-C. I have absolutely no experience with Macs. The book tells me I need Xcode and SDK. I tried to download the latest version of Xcode from the App Store but couldn't, I was told that my operating system isn't suitable. My Mac Mini is using OSX Version 10.6.8, which I think is Snow Leopard. Please can someone tell me what I must do? My ultimate aim is to make my programme available for use on iPads (at the moment it can only be used on PCs). Is there perhaps an earlier version of Xcode that would be suitable? Or will I need to upgrade Snow Leopard somehow? What a start to the new year ... I was expecting all sorts of difficulties re-writing the program but I never thought getting started would be this hard!

 

Hope you'll be able to help,

 

Brian


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment