Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

walled garden app downloads

Hello,

 

I am having trouble with an issue that is firewall related.

 

I have a wifi network that requires uses to login though an app from the app store. I would like to allow the user though the walled garden to download the app if necessary without granting the user full internet access.

 

I have allowed a few DNS names into the firewall, but that does not allow me to download the app.

 

I have run packet captures of an iPhone and iPad attempting to get to the app store servers, and it appears to be attempting to connect to many many many servers - too many to load each one individually into the firewall. I believe apple uses some DNS magic for redundancy an simplicity but I cannot seem to find the right combination to allow this.

 

Is there anyone else out there that has solved this problem? or if anyone knows a better place I could ask this question that would be great.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 

Thank you,

 

Panchito


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment