Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Xcode 3 or Xcode 4, does it really matter

I'm having trouble producing an Objective-C application. I've just bought a Mac (not new!) equipped with Snow Leopard. The Objective-C book says I need Xcode and SDK to write my app. I'm new to all this but still enthusiastic so I tried to download Xcode 4 from the App Store. Couldn't because I'm using Snow Leioard. Asked around in here and people are telling me I must upgrade to Mountain Lion to get Xcode 4. I've only just bought the Mac and don't want to be upgrading on day 2! So, does it really matter if I can't do my programming using Xcode 4? Wouldn't Xcode 3.2.6 do (nearly) as well? Xcode 3.2.6 seems to be the only version of the software that I can get that will work with Snow Leopard. I really am looking forward to a reply or two that say it doesn't really matter whether you have the very latest version of everything before you can produce something in Objective-C that will run on iPads and iPhones and sell at the App Store.

 

Fingers crossed,

 

Brian


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment